Members of OCaml Labs attend various conferences over the year - both academic and non academic. ICFP is a long-standing academic point of convergence, and one the group attends and participates in. Non-academic but functional programming and systems-oriented conferences are also important, and we regularly participate in QCon, OSCON, CCC, New Directions in OS, /dev/winter, FunctionalConf, FPX and FOSDEM to name a few.
May 20 - J on the Beach - Malaga
May 16 - 19 - OSCON - Austin
- Incremental revolution: What Docker learned from the open source fire hose - Solomon Hykes - open sourced OCaml projects live on stage.
- Unikernels and Docker: From revolution to evolution - Anil Madhavapeddy and Richard Mortier.
Mar 6 - FLOPS Symposium - Kochi
- Declarative foreign function binding through generic programming - Jeremy Yallop, David Sheets and Anil Madhavapeddy.
Feb 19 - BobKonf - Berlin
Feb 4 - Compose - New York
- Composing Network Operating Systems - Mindy Preston.
Jan 23 - /dev/winter - Cambridge
- Surfacing deep magic with library operating systems - Mindy Preston.
- My first unikernel with MirageOS - Matthew Gray.
Jan 22 - CIF @ SCALE14X - Pasadena
- Knock, knock: Unikernels calling! - Richard Mortier.
Jan 19 - PEPM @ POPL - Florida
- Staging generic programming - Jeremy Yallop.
Nov 23 - DockerCon EU Cool Hack - Barcelona
- Unikernels, Meet Docker: a cool hack that combined unikernels with Docker in order to ease management and deployment -Amir, Anil, Jeremy, Jeremy, Martin, Mindy.
Nov 17 - Cambridge TechTalks - Cambridge
- Reaching Reliable Agreement in an Unreliable World - Heidi Howard. Slides
Nov 3 - CodeMesh - London
- Unikernels and hyper-elastic clouds - Amir Chaudhry.
Oct 24 - LAMBDA World - Cadiz
- Not-So-Broken TLS: Re-engineering TLS in a Purely Functional Setting - Hannes Mehnert.
Oct 5 - SOSP - California
- SibylFS: Formal Specification and Oracle-Based Testing for POSIX and Real-World File Systems - Tom Ridge.
Sep 26 - Strange Loop - Missouri
Sep 10 - Software Circus - Amsterdam
- Git Your Own Immutable Infrastructure via Unikernels - Anil Madhavapeddy.
Sep 4 - 11 Netzpolitik - Berlin
- MirageOS: Robust Operating System Reengineering from the Grounds Up - Hannes Mehnert Video
Sep 4 - OCaml 2015/ICFP - Vancouver
- Persistent Networking with Irmin and MirageOS - Mindy Preston. Video
- The State of the OCaml Platform - Anil Mahavapeddy. Video
- Modular Macros - Jeremy Yallop and Leo White.
- Effective Concurrency Through Algebraic Effects - Stephen Dolan, Leo White, KC Sivaramakrishnan, Jeremy Yallop and Anil Madhavapeddy. Video
- A Review of the Growth of the OCaml Community - Amir Chaudhry. Video
Aug 19 - Aarhus - Denmark
- Personal Data: Thinking Inside the Box - Richard Mortier.
Aug 12 - USENIX Security - Washington DC
- Not-Quite-So-Broken TLS: Lessons in Re-engineering a Security Protocol Specification and Implementation - Hannes Mehnert and David Kaloper Meršinjak. Video
Jul 6 - ECOOP - Prague
- Immutable Distributed Infrastructure with Unikernels - Anil Madhavapeddy. Video
Jul 4 - PolyConf - Poznan
Jun 20 - Enthusiasticon (Source Code) - Berlin
- MirageOS: Leaving Legacy Behind - A Clean-Slate Approach to Operating Systems - Hannes Mehnert. Video
Jun 16 - SIGPLAN PLDI - Santa Barbara
- Declarative Programming over Eventually Consistent Data Stores - KC Sivaramakrishnan, Gowtham Kaki and Suresh Jagannathan.
Jun 12 - TNG Big Tech Day - London
Jun 12 - QCon - New York
- Functional Distributed Programming with Irmin - Anil Madhavapeddy.
Jun 11 - FMATS - Cambridge
- Talk on safe TLS stack work - Hannes Mehnert.
Jun 11 - FPX - London
- Build Your Own Effects - Jeremy Yallop.
Jun 10 - QCon - Belfast
- Designing Secure Services with Unikernels - A Tough Nut to Crack - Anil Madhavapeddy.
May 26 - IFIP WGG2.8 - Kefalonia
- Working Group 2.8. Immutable Distributed Infrastructure for Unikernels - Anil Madhavapeddy.
May 6 - HCSS - Annapolis
- Not-Quite-So-Broken TLS - David Kaloper Meršinjak.
May 6 - USENIX NSDI - Oakland
- Jitsu: Just-In-Time Summoning of Unikernels - Anil Madhavapeddy and Magnus Skjegstad.
Mar 15 - Morgan Stanley CTO Summit - London
- Unikernel talks, and panel on the future of cloud computing - Anil Madhavapeddy.
Mar 5 - QCon - London
- Building Functional Infrastructure with MirageOS - Anil Madhavapeddy.
Feb 6 - FOSDEM - Brussels
- Unikernel demo in the Xen Booth - Amir Chaudhry.
Jan 22 - Bob Konf - Berlin
Jan 7 - Real World Crypto - London
- Lightning talk on Nqsb-TLS - Hannes Mehnert.
Jan 7 - JFLA - Val d'Aiol
- Mergeable Persistent Data Structures - Benjamin Farinier, Thomas Gazagnaire and Anil Madhavapeddy.